Better ways to improve Science and Technology in India
- Use ST for faster, sustainable and more inclusive growth.
- will position India among the top five global scientific powers by 2020
- Release more research papers.
- Encourage private sector to invest in Research and Development.
- Achieve gender parity in Science and Technology. (meaning bring more female scientists)
- Global cooperation, science diplomacy
- Increase the spending in Science and Technology -innovation to 2% in next five years.
Problems to be rectified
- Scanty allocation of funds.
- Poor standard of publications (2nd grade research)
- Indifferent attitude of governments in appointing Heads of premier research institutions- eg. DRDO, CISR.
- Excessive government involvement in boards of premier institutions as IITs and how its hampering research.